Full Stack Senior - React native | Nodejs
In a nutshell (full job description below)
You are a Full Stack Senior – React native | Nodejs developer and want to help people and do good? We help young people suffering from chronic pain with digital therapy. You understand lean start-up, appreciate product design and experimentation, and follow user needs. You can start asap or latest 1 September 2021.
Who are you? You…
- are React Native and Nodejs experienced
- deliver results, fast
- deployed Nodejs applications and/ or published apps to the stores
- code clean and are constantly improving
- love learning new things
- are open to new ideas and team feedback
- are familiar with lean start-up processes
- have product design understanding and you just get why experimentation is so important.
What you will be doing
- Developing a React Native App and a Nodejs Application with Nestjs and using GraphQL, Typescript, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Writing unit and integration tests with Jest and React Testing Library
- Working on CI/CD pipelines for tests and deployment
- Publishing App to Play Store and Apple Store
- Deploying Nodejs application to AWS Cloud
Your Technical Skills
- Experience with React Native and Nodejs
- Experience with git
- Some experience with tests
- Clean code practices
- Understanding of React Hooks and other React concepts
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with unit test and integration test using Jest or others
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services, Docker, PostgreSQL and Redis
- Experience with CI/CD
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Happyr Health, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies. There is always space to try, to learn and to grow!
The project in detail
Happyr Health changes the game in chronic pain management for children and young people.
“Chronic pain is a complex and devastating condition. 1 in 4 children and young people are affected. Chronic pain leads to disability, loss of independence and a poor quality of life. Often, it is accompanied by anxiety and depression. That’s why Cornelius and Nicola, two chronic pain patients themselves, founded Happyr Health.”
Happyr Health provides digital support to young people with chronic pain, starting with those who suffer from migraine & recurring headaches. Together with multiple experts in pediatric neurology & psychology, we offer a digital and playful migraine management app that helps them deal with their physical and emotional wellbeing. The app uses storytelling and gamification to engage children and their parents in the process. It supports doctors to provide a more accurate diagnosis and allows Happyr Health to tailor digital interventions to the needs of young pain patients. Everywhere, personalized, and at the right time.
Who will you work with?
- We are a small very effective full-time team consisting of Eduardo (full-stack RN), Mille (Art), Nicola (Product) and Cornelius (Business dev).
- Nicola & Cornelius are the two co-founders of Happyr Health. We are two Cambridge alumni, experienced in start-ups and healthcare.
- We also work with experts in the fields of medicine, psychology and AI. We have many supporters, including world-renowned professors and doctors.
- Most importantly, however, are the people for whom we founded Happyr Health. Together with the team, you will be in direct contact with young migraine patients and their parents to deeply understand their needs.
How will you work?
- In close collaboration with the team, especially with Eduardo (Fullstack RN).
- It is our goal that you become a full-time member of the team. In order to get to know each other’s working styles better, we would like to offer the position as part-time contract initially and then move to full-time after 3-6 months.
Research has shown: Innovation is fueled by diversity. That is why we ask for information, such as your working style and character strengths. To work successfully with us in your new role and feel happy and fulfilled, answer the questionnaires conscientiously and honestly. There are no bad or wrong answers if they have been answered authentically.
The test we ask for in the application form is here.
When to start
- Asap – latest, 1st of September 2021
#1 We ask you to upload your CV / LinkedIn (here) (does not need to be fancy) and to provide some diversity tests.
#2 We interview & assess.
#3 We hire.
Ready to put playful pain management in the hands of young people?