Happyr Ltd. (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) want to explain our users (‘user’ or ‘you’) how we use the data you provide us with in our mobile app (‘App’) or on our website https://happyrhealth.com (the “Site”). Both are operated by Nicola Filzmoser and Cornelius Palm, who are also acting as Data Protection Officers of Happyr Ltd.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
There are several different types of cookies, however, our website may use:
- Essential cookies – those cookies are necessary to operate the website. This could be for example a session cookie that keeps you logged in when navigating.
- Functionality cookies – We may use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. Those cookies may be important to for example play videos on our website or to share something on social media.
- Analytics cookies – As the name suggests, these cookies enable tracking and analyzing website user behaviour. That way we understand from which website a user came from, how often they visited the Happyr Health website and how long users are staying on our website. Through this data we can analyze content performance, we might be able to test ads and features and get feedback through the user behaviour.
- Advertising cookies – We may use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Third-party advertising providers such as Google or Facebook may place cookies when you visit our website that allows for a personal experience of ads. This does not necessarily mean that you receive more or fewer ads but that the ads are more relevant to you because they may show you for example services or products from Happyr Health.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and https://www.aboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. There are also some browser options which allow browsing the website in the incognito or private mode, without cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Google Chrome: Change your cookie settings in Google Chrome
Firefox: Change your cookie settings in Firefox
Internet Explorer: Change your cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Safari (iOS): Change your cookie settings in Safari (iOS)
Android: Change your cookie settings in Android
For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Should you register your email to be up to date on news from Happyr Health, your mails may contain technology that is called “web beacon”. A web beacon is a small and transparent image within the email. The web beacon lets us know how (i.e. which device) and when the email was viewed and from what IP address and geo-location it was accessed. That way we see if our news is relevant to users like you. We aim not to be another newsletter for the bin and that is why such technology is very useful to monitor. We do a good job for you. We may use Marketing services for our emails from Mailchimp. Mailchimp is an online marketing platform operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States.
Additionally, when you:
- Complete the contact form for the mail list or user testing list
- Interact with us via mail or phone or in-person
- Interact with us on social media such as Facebook or Twitter
When you access our App, you voluntarily provide us with your data during the registration process. In this process we collect: Email address, Username, Age, Account information of your supporter account.
While using the App, our servers automatically collect data from any actions taken when you create an entry in your app or edit any prior entries.
Additionally, we automatically collect device information such as your operating system, mobile device ID number, model, and location.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the information that we collect generally to fulfil any services on the Site, such as providing information about pediatric migraine and our related services that we deliver through, such as the mobile apps of Happyr Ltd. We use the information that we collect in the app to provide you with an overview over your prior entries. Your information allows us to provide you a personal experience when you use the app. We can create your personal profile, connect it to your supporter account, and provide you with an overview of your own data in future visits to the App. We will use the usage data to improve our App and our Site so we can provide you better information and features.
We may contact you with information and offers about new products that you might find interesting using the email address you provided us with.
Additionally, we use this information to communicate with you;
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services or conduct user testing and interviews as well as share our personal (migraine) experiences if that is helpful.
We use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our users and visitors browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the perceived quality of our Site content as well as the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We will not sell, share, or lease your personal information to unrelated third parties unless we are required by law to do so or have you permission. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics used on our Site here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
Visiting the below websites
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we note that we are processing your information to fulfil our services and legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
To reduce data-related risk, we will maintain data for our records for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it is being processed. We may keep certain data for retrospective research purposes to enhance services for (young) people with chronic pain.
The Site is not intended for unsupervised use for individuals under the age of 16 years old.
Although our goal is to help young chronic pain sufferers, we believe that children should use our website (and the Internet in general) under the supervision of their parents. This is not so much because we believe that our content is not child-friendly, but because personal information (such as an email address) can be entered and we want children to be made aware of this by their parents. We do not want to compromise the privacy of children, so we want children under the age of 16 to use the website under the supervision of their parents. We do not want to obtain information from children under the age of 16 without the consent of their parents.
We do not knowingly collect data from children under 16 years of age. If we have inadvertently collected (by the child entering the information him/herself) information from children under 16 years of age that you, as a carer or parent, do not agree to provide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly promote the app or collect data from children under the age of 13. By using our App, you confirm that you are at least 13 years old or that you are a legal guardian or parent of a person under the age of 13. As a legal guardian, you would consent to the dependent use of the App by your child.
Our data protection rights
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.